Sunday, October 7, 2012

Music and Recordings!!


I asked my mom if she has a particular favorite song when she was my age, but she said no. Much like me, because as hard as I have been thinking about it for the past few days, I can't think of one particular song or artist that I love more that others. Back to my mom, she did say that she did have an all time favorite artist: Whitney Houston. I can see why she picked Whitney, I mean come on she had hands down the voice of an angel and her music is among the handful of records from the eighties and nineties that I actually love too.

Even though I don't have a particular favorite song or artist of all time, my favorite song right NOW is hands down Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys ft. Nicki Minaj.   Link to the song:  http://soundcloud.com/aliciakeys/girl-on-fire-inferno-version

I love this song because it's classic Alicia Keys: up beat, AMAZING vocals, a strong message that makes sense. I feel as though Alicia and her music does have "staying" power because her voice, the message of her music is timeless. Think about it, how many people are still singing songs like "Fallin'" and "If I Ain't Got You" from her 2001 and 2003 albums? A lot of people are singing them I can tell you that AND I even hear them on the radio still. People young and old like her music and that's what makes her universal.

P.S A close second as my favorite song right now is Pound the Alarm by Nicki Minaj :)

1 comment:

  1. Whitney.. Alicia Keyes. Can't go wrong with those choices!

    ReplyDelete